Where Small Steps Add To Big Ones

106 is over, and that marks the end of my academic year of 2007...

Yea, and I don't sound very happy much...

I've been thinking of my future a lot these days. Of colloquium presentations next year, of getting high enough grades for a good HGPA, of my future career life, of furthering my studies in the United States, of where I will be ending up a few years down the road. It never ends, doesn't it? I just don't want to regret missing out on things in life because of my being blind or blur or something.

Take the first step, and God will take the next thousand steps for you.

But looking at the good side of things, I did quite well for my 106 research proposal, despite the fact that the mean score for every student was 9/20. Kudos to Darryl and Wen for being such great research assistants for our 'Sex, Sex Role Identification and Asian University Students' Projective Drawings' research.

Some of Stephanie's comments and my comments to her comments:

1. How would you know for e.g., if female figure is drawn first that they're not feminine?
Then there won't be a close-to-equal division of male and female drawings for the androgynous group.
2. How many males/females?
NOT CONTROLLING FOR GENDER LA.
3. Is this the best way to analyze your results?
No, but since when must it be the best way?
4. Most of your references are too old - please find more recent articles in the future!
Not my fault! No many people replicated this experiment, and if there were any, they weren't in the EBSCO database.

ZZZZZ. Sorry for being so anal.

Oh, and I tried Google-ing for the legendary bread jelly but I couldn't get any relevant results! My mum's recipe is so well hidden, hehe. I'll try to go and dig it out from her.

And happy holidays to you too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home